Thursday, December 27

Everything: The Great Big Blog Of

My son says he is too old to remember, but there is one gift he asked for, year after year, and never received. He wanted it so much, he even tried to make one a few times: the handy-dandy Great Big Book Of Everything.

Not the one inspired by the kid's television show, Stanley, but a real one with everything in it. Every year, I ask him if he still wants it.

"Do you remember?"

"Sure Dad, but I'm too old to watch Stanley anymore."

"Really?" When did that happen?

"It's okay Dad," he laughed. "Besides, I thought your blog was The Great Big Book Of Everything."

"Funny. I guess you are growing up."

"Yep, I'm pretty old," he smiled. "So, can we play Heroscape now?"

"You bet. Just give me a minute ... I want to see if you're right."

Rich's Great Big Blog Of Everything

365 Dias, AgencyNext, Amuseline, Anyone Loves TV, Arabelle's AlleyHannah Azar, Tala Azar, Back Lot Projects, Darren Barefoot, Andy Beard, Better Business Blogging, BizHack, BizSolutionsPlus, BlogCatalog Blog, Blogging For Business, Blog Campaigning, Blog Contests On The Net, Blog Herald, BlogTalk Radio, Blogversity, Blog Village, Blogs We Luv, Brand Storming, A Bunch Of Words, Business Growth Power Pack, Business Live News, The Buzz Bin, Cardiogirl, Catepol, CBS Jericho Fan Central, Chessnoid, Cincom, John Cook’s Venture Blog, Greg Cooper, CompBlog, Communication Overtones, Common Sense PR, Conversation Agent, Copyblogger, The Crones Daily Groan, Cultural Learnings, CypherJFs Development Depot, Dada Media, dcr Blogs, Da Eveman, Behind The Scenes At Jewelry Tales, Debo Hobo Dot Com, Digital 4Front, Duck Tape Marketing, Durbin Media, Electronic Recruiting News, Eliteqz, Entreneurs, Jay Epoch, Find The Boots, Finding The Sweet Spot, Fubar, Ghost In The Machine, Amitai Givertz, Good To Know, Golden Practices, The Green Scene, History Survey, Shel Holtz, Home Office Lawyer, I Do Things, Image Empowering, idUnited, Inner88, Jdonuts, Gylon Jackson, Jaffe Juice, Jason the Content Librarian, The Jericho Bulletin, Jericho Central, Jericho Junction, Jericho Monster, Jericho On CBS, Jericho Rally Point, JR4OT Blog, KD Paine’s PR Measurement Blog, Trish Kate’s TV Talk, Keep It Simple Solutions, Alex King, Language For You, Living In The Edge Of Madness, Leadership Turn, Magnosticism, Marcom Writer Blog, Marketing Headhunter Marketing Useable, Marketing Whore, Phil McDonnell, Jeff McNeill, MediaBlog, Media Orchard, The Media Slut, Media Snackers, Mesmereyed, Miscellany from Past and Present, Andrea Morris, Movies And Film Blog, MS Language Services, My Radical Blogs, MyBlogLog, The Myles Files, Naruto’s Arena, National Business Community Blog, The Net-Savvy Executive, NoisyRoom, Now Is Gone, Nutsonline, O My Word!, Occam’s Razr, Oldephartteintraining, One Bee, Paris Hilton, Passion, People and Principles, The Perfect Customer Experience, Pet Lvr (The Blog), A Piece of Piece, Pierce Mattie Public Relations, Politics After 50, Positioning Strategy, PR 2.0, Ramblings From The Mermaid Tavern, PR Squared, Publicity Hound, Radio Caffeine, Raven’s Roads, Recruiting.com, Recruiting Animal, RecruitingBlogs RecruitingBloggers, Reddiggulo.us, Remote Access, Road Less Traveled, Ronin Marketeer, Rugjeff’s Blog, Rushda, Sabrina’s Money Matters, Save The Black Donnellys, Save Jericho Now, Save Veronica Mars, Sava Sakar, Scary Sh*t, Scatterbox, Selling To Small Businesses, Situtational Marketing, SEO Pedia, Six Degrees From Dave, Snupher, The Social Media Marketing Blog, Social Media Explorer, Space 150, Spin Thicket, SQ Central, Squeak Of The Week, Starlight Review, Strumpette, Liz Strauss, Jim Stroud, Jeffery Taylor, Teaching PR, Television Rocker Report, Tetsujin’s Blog, That Bee Girl, The Thin Red Line, This Girl’s Blog, Tough Sledding, Transmission, The TV Guy, Veronica Mars Movie, Andrea Vascellari Weblog, Web Conoscenza, Web Ink Now, Brian Whaley’s Pixelated Views, Word Sell, Writer’s Advice, Your PR Guy, Zero Calvin and Hobbes, and the The Zohner Family Blog.

Whether we agreed or agreed to disagree, thank you all for making 2007 interesting. Likewise for everyone who read and commented.

Sure, there are a couple more posts to round out 2007. But mostly I'm looking forward to a rewarding 2008, wondering who might make next year's Great Big Blog Of Everything, and making sure the lethal Marro hive is stopped from making more venomous predators in some uncharted jungle!

You have to enjoy this stuff before you're "pretty old" for it.

Digg!

36 comments:

Karen Miller Russell on 12/27/07, 8:20 AM said...

Thanks for including me on your list -- I'm looking forward to checking out some of the others you mentioned.

Sweet Tea on 12/27/07, 8:23 AM said...

Thanks Rich. Great list. I might manage to work my way through it by next Christmas!! Never too old.

Rich on 12/27/07, 8:24 AM said...

You're welcome Karen.

Thank you for linking to me earlier this year. I've visited several times since, but that is what social media is all about or so it seems.

Best,
Rich

Rich on 12/27/07, 8:25 AM said...

Jane,

Very funny! I just hope I included everyone. :)

All my best,
Rich

Anonymous said...

Thank you for including us in your list.

Funny...my kids were just watching Stanley! ;)

Hope you're having a great holiday!

Rich on 12/27/07, 9:14 AM said...

Thank you Shannon.

And yes, that is funny! Honestly, it was not one of my favorites (I preferred Bear In The Big Blue House), but I do miss him raiding the paper to make his book. Alas, I'm sure I'll give it a second chance when my daughter is old enough! Ha!

We are enjoy the holidays; and I hope you are as well.

Best,
Rich

catepol on 12/27/07, 9:36 AM said...

Thanks for having included me (double thanks because my blog is in Italian)
:-)

Rich on 12/27/07, 10:17 AM said...

Hey Catepol,

My pleasure and thank you. As for the double thanks, well, that's what translation programs are for! At least I think so.

All my best,
Rich

Anonymous said...

Yikes that is a pretty long list. Thanks for considering my blog in the listing :)

DK on 12/27/07, 10:39 AM said...

*hat tip*

All the best and more for 2008.

Peace

MouthGirl.com on 12/27/07, 10:41 AM said...

I am confident that this list took a while for you to compile, thank you for including SMM in it!

Rich on 12/27/07, 11:09 AM said...

@Debo Thanks. It's everyone who linked to us throughout 2007 though a few people might not remember. ;)

@SMM I have to admit, tracking links from earlier this year was a bit challenging, but worth it.

@DK Thank you. I guess this is my personal media snacker list. ha!

Best,
Rich

opit on 12/27/07, 11:32 AM said...

Now that, sir, is link love ! Whoo!

JD at I Do Things on 12/27/07, 11:33 AM said...

Hey, Rich!

Thanks so much for the end-of-the-year link love. Much appreciated.

Happy New Year!

JD at I Do Things

Rich on 12/27/07, 11:42 AM said...

@Opit I guess so. I didn't think of it that way, but I guess that is what it is. Ha.

@JD I guess this time, I did it ... so you didn't have to. ROLF.

It was fun though; a great way to remember some past conversations. Next year, I'll make sure I don't miss anyone.

Best,
Rich

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention, I appreciate that!

terocious on 12/27/07, 2:55 PM said...

Rich,

Thank you for the aptly described link love and for a fantastic 2007 at Copywrite Ink!

-b

Rich on 12/27/07, 9:31 PM said...

@cardiogirl Happy Holidays!

@terocious I've enjoyed seeing your blog evolve this year.

Best,
Rich

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Rich. Here's wishing you a safe a prosperous 2008 ;)

Alan

Anonymous said...

Hi Rich - we are honored to be on your list. We've had a great year with you and have enjoyed your writing. Here's to a great new year and may it be the best ever for you...

Terresa Monroe-Hamilton
NoisyRoom.net

Rich on 12/28/07, 8:09 AM said...

@Alan You too my friend. Happy Holidays!

@Terresa Always a pleasure and I wish the same for you. I think 2008 is going to be a great year.

gigicogo on 12/28/07, 1:41 PM said...

Nice post and thanks for linking :-)
p.s. now I have a blog in english too: http://gigicogo.blogspot.com/

Maybe it will be easy to keep in touch

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including me. All the best.

Rich on 12/28/07, 5:30 PM said...

@Gigi You bet I'll visit there too.

@Jason My pleasure. Look forward to next year.

Best,
Rich

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including me in your Big Book, Rich. I'm looking forward to reading more of your insights in 2008!

Cheers,
Sharon

Neptune Rising on 12/29/07, 3:55 PM said...

Hi Rich, I'll add my thanks to everyone elses and I appreciate the link for the Save Veronica Mars efforts.

Rich on 12/30/07, 9:53 AM said...

@Sharon. Thank you! And I'm looking forward to more from you!

@Stubbornone. Happy New Year to all VM fans. :)

Best,
Rich

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including Save The Black Donnellys! You know we'll always welcome you over at The Firecracker Lounge.

Rich on 1/2/08, 11:35 PM said...

You bet mija. TBD fans are great people!

Best,
Rich

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Rich!

Rich on 1/6/08, 6:27 PM said...

You too Mark! Welcome back.

All my best,
Rich

Anonymous said...

Rich, Thanks for including me in your great big list! Here's to even better blogging in 2008.

Jim

Rich on 1/8/08, 3:19 PM said...

My pleasure Jim. Always a great read. :)

Best,
Rich

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting me on your list!

Continue to inspire in 08'!

_N

Anonymous said...

Hey, cool! This just came through on my dashboard, so thank you so much. :)

Linda

Anonymous said...

Hope never is too late :) I've been off for a long time, globetrotting here and there. Today I decided to go back to business with my blog and check the dashboard. I had a big surprise finding Dadamedia on your list and for that I allow myself to be grateful to you. My blog is reshaping these days and finding myself on your list encouraged me a lot to restart my "job". Thanks again.

 

Blog Archive

by Richard R Becker Copyright and Trademark, Copywrite, Ink. © 2021; Theme designed by Bie Blogger Template